By Scott Farley
Executive Director, MHSFCA
GOVERNOR’S LATEST ORDER MAY EFFECT SUMMER FOOTBALL WORKOUTS
Thursday’s Executive Order by Governor Whitmer allowing for gatherings of 10 or less MAY allow for OFF CAMPUS workouts, beginning June 1. The MHSAA expects more clarity from the governor’s office on this early next week. Some important issues to consider on this topic:
- Workouts cannot take place on school property until the governor’s office opens schools.
- School districts can individually (or on a countywide basis) disallow off campus workouts.
- Football drills with more than 7 players would count against your 15 allowable dates of football “practice” without player limitations.
- Social distancing and contamination avoidance practices will be critical!
- Be sure to consult with your school administration BEFORE beginning these off campus workouts.
Link to article on the governor’s latest order:
MHSFCA ONLINE CLINICS CONTINUE
Don’t forget that the MHSFCA is offering FREE online coaching clinics. See this link for schedule and offerings:
REGIONAL DIRECTOR ELECTION WINNERS
Congratulations to our newly elected Regional Directors! See the complete list of directors at:
Find your region here:
NATIVE AMERICAN PLAYERS
I’m Dan Ninham, I’m a contributing sportswriter for ndnsports.com and the #1 online source promoting American Indian athletes and coaches and I’d like to know if you have top quality American Indian athletes and coaches in your school or in college that I could feature in stories. Please send names and cell numbers. Thank you for your consideration.
218.368.6430 text please