By Scott Farley
Executive Director, MHSFCA
So here we are, four weeks into our “Stay at Home” order with at least three more weeks to go. School buildings are closed and many of us are exploring the wonderful world of “distance learning.” Things are still happening with the MHSFCA and let me take this opportunity to share some of that with you all.
- The 2020 MHSFCA All Star game has been cancelled, due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Many thanks go out to All Star chairman Brian Lemons and his committee for their tireless work preparing for the game and the MHSFCA Board members who struggled with the decision to cancel the game. Also, thank you to the coaches from around the state that nominated their players, as teams will still be selected to honor players from across the state. See more about the All Star Game cancellation at mhsfca.com.
- During this “educational pause”, please be aware of the following information from the MHSAA regarding what we, as coaches, should and should not be doing with our players, teams and programs.
- Due to the Covid-19 shut down, our Regional Director elections (planned for mid-April) will take place at a later, undetermined date. This delay is caused by the delay in release of enrollment divisions by the MHSAA. They’ve been pretty busy with other important matters and as soon as they can release that information, we will run our elections.
- Because of the delay in Regional Director elections, our Board of Directors retreat in May has been cancelled. Once the elections have been held, we will likely have an online Board meeting at some point in time.
- Congratulations to all the new head coaches around the state! Reminder to those new head coaches: please update your school and contact information with our membership chair, Lenny Dantinne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out this Mlive link about many of our state’s new head coaches: https://www.mlive.com/highschoolsports/2020/04/meet-the-new-highschool-football-coaches-across-michigan.html.
I pray that all of you and your families, staffs and players are staying safe and healthy during these unprecedented times. My prayer is that our state and country will recover soon and we will be back in the business we love soon!